Wednesday, 18 May 2016

How to make your blog better


  1. Include at least one picture. Make it entertaining! Unsurprisingly, readers tend to stay more focused to topics with a lot of images and text features. This is not only for blogs, but also for other genres like non-fiction, persuasive/opinion, etc.
  2. Spread an idea - Make sure that the reader actually takes something away. However, don’t take my word for it. You should include just one idea. Don’t make it complex. Think about your audience. Is it really worth sharing? If not, you probably shouldn’t do it.
  3. Read your comments - See what other people say! They might have some tips for your next blog. They might also say that you did something well or they liked one part of your blog.
  4. Variety is important! Try a lot of different styles, such as vlogs, how to, persuasive, etc. If you try a variety, you make your blog a lot more entertaining.
  5. Organization - Last but not least, being organized! Try adding labels to your posts so that every post falls into a certain category. Try adding a theme that is relevant to your topic, e.g., mine is cyberbullying, so I chose a digital-like theme.

Now that you’ve learnt this, go edit your post and make it an amazing one that everyone wants to see!

5 comments:

  1. This was really helpful!
    I normally do one style of blogging, but this has made me realise to do more!

    Thanks,
    Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really helped my thank you so much I'll be sure to use it in my next blog post.

    Thank you,
    Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are great suggestions! I will have to take your ideas and use them on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I will definitely use these styles of blogging; thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more - including relevant images is a great way of getting your content noticed and remembered.

    One tip from me is that list posts (e.g. 10 Reasons You Should Eat More Veggies, or 17 Things You Didn't Know About Minecraft) really hook a potential reader. You made a list post here, which is great!

    ReplyDelete